Sunday 6 March 2011

Jet Lag

When you leave Sydney at 3:10pm on a Wednesday, then fly 13 hours across the world, and land there at 9:30am on Wednesday, then fly 5 hours across the country, then also gain another 3 hours, a bit of jet lag will kick in.

This is my third year dealing with the jet lag, but failed miserably in the first two days of being in the country. On night one I landed in Tampa at 9:20pm, and Scott picked me up and we got to his house around 10:45pm. Once we got to his house, I was met by two guys that I played with when I was with the Phillies, Steven Inch and Colin Kleven, both Canadians. Once I got settle I got the laptop out, facebooked, and then tried to go to sleep around midnight. Even though I was extremely tired, the attempted sleep was an epic fail. I woke up wide awake at 3:00am, after a couple of attempts to try and sleep again, I came to terms that more sleep wouldn't be on the agenda. So I jumped on the laptop and started watching episodes of The Big Bang Theory, which thoroughly entertained me until everyone else in the house woke up.

On night two, I stayed at a friends house since we were going to Universal Studios the next day. Night two is usually the toughest night for me, I went to bed around 3:00am and woke up at 7:00am. So in my first two nights in Florida I only got a total of 7 hours sleep and since I was going to be spending the day at Universal, it was going to be a mammoth effort to get through the entire day. We got to Universal around 11:00am and were there for a bout 7 hours. By this time I was ready to fall asleep and not wake up for two days, on the way home we stopped at this place called the T-Rex Cafe, which is a dinosaur themed restaurant. We waited 90 minutes for a table, and didn't leave there until 10:00pm. It was a 2 hour drive home, for which I tried to sleep, but couldn't get comfortable. As soon as I got home to Scott's house, I got straight into bed.

Night three I got my usual 8 hours sleep, and night four I got 10 hours sleep, so it looks like I'm finally get used to this time difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment