Thursday 14 June 2012

First Appearance for Kinheim... On The Mound


Tonight I made my debut as a pitcher for Corendon Kinheim and apart from one mistake I was quite happy with it. The mistake I made was quite a costly one for the team. I came into the game in the 6th with runners on 1st and 2nd and 1 out. I struck out the first guy then gave up a 2 run double on a pitch that I should have thrown inside, but instead threw it over the plate. As a reliever giving up the starters runs is a tough pill to swallow especially when he's thrown such a good game for us. A lot of people would say "don't worry, those aren't your runs", but I don't worry about whether they are my runs or not. The runs are on the board and I feel like I should be held accountable for them. I've grown to love being a reliever, being called upon in tough situations to get the tough outs. That's why its so vital to bare down on every single pitch, because one mistake could have huge consequences in how the game is eventually finished. We ended up losing the game 3-2 in the 10th inning, and apart from the loss, it was really fun to be apart of an intense atmosphere. Something I haven't felt in a baseball game since the ABL season finished.

My final line in tonight's game

1 comment:

  1. Dude 6k's in 2.2 innings is good work. Good to see command is fine. Your entry really flies in the face of certain baseball commentators who don't believe in "closer mentality". Good to hear it from a ballplayer and not a stooge in a booth.

    ReplyDelete