Wednesday 22 August 2012

Corendon Kinheim, Hoofdklasse Honkbal Kampioen!

If you can read Dutch, then you would be able to understand the title of this entry and if you can't, you're about to find out. The team I played for in Holland, Corendon Kinheim are now the champions of the National League in Holland!

I left just before the playoffs and Kinheim had qualified for the playoffs in 3rd place behind Amsterdam and Neptunus, and just ahead of the Pioneers. The way the playoffs work in the league is that each team will play each other 3 times, and the best two records after all those games, goes through to the Holland Series, which is the name of the finals.

After a rough start to the playoffs where Kinheim got swept in the series by Neptunus, they found themselves in a tough hole to dig out of. They dug out of that hole quite easily by winning 4 of the next 6 games to seal their spot in the Holland Series.

That momentum kept rolling as they took down Neptunus in amazing fashion, winning the series 4-0 and crowning themselves the 2012 champions. I really wish I could have been there with the boys to celebrate and be apart of the win, but I knew all along they could do this and I'm extremely proud of all of them. Hopefully I'll be back there next season and we can make it back-to-back championships!



No comments:

Post a Comment