Thursday, 29 September 2011

World Cup - Day 3

Went to breakfast this morning and Clayton Tanner, Justin Erasmus and myself would thought it would be a good idea to check out the mall. So we walked about 10 minutes to this mall and got there at 9:20am only to find out the mall opens at 10:00am. We thought about waiting around for everything to open, but if we did it would be a race against the clock to check out the shops and get back to the hotel and get ready to go to practice, so in the end we decided to leave the mall at around 9:35am.

We left the hotel around 11:15am to go to practice and the field was about an hour away, but I feel as though we may have got lost on the way because at one point the bus stopped on the side of the road and someone on our bus jumped off to ask a girl for directions. I don't understand spanish so I couldn't be too sure, but the girl was pointing in some direction. We finally arrived at the field at around 12:45pm and got straight to work. Just had a light stretch and throw before we started to do all our fundamentals such as bunt defense and our 1st and 3rd defense. For those of you who don't know what 1st and 3rd defense may be, its just certain plays you may run when there are runners on 1st and 3rd base. After all that was done, the hitters took batting practice and the pitchers threw light bullpens.

As we drove back to the hotel a sudden rain storm came out of nowhere. It rained for a good 2 hours and it wasn't just light rain, it was heavy and coming down hard. Ruined any chance of anyone going for a walk once we got back to the hotel, which wasn't too bad seeing as it allowed me to just lay and bed and relax. Once again I started to get really tired and tried hard not to fall asleep, but I gave in and took a 20 minute nap before dinner.

After dinner Clayton and me decided to take another walk to the mall. This time the mall was open, but the only shop I wanted to go, which was the sports store was closed, so once again I was quite disappointed I made the walk to the mall just to come back empty handed. When we got back to the hotel Clayton and I just turned on the TV to the english speaking channel and watched whatever was on. We're not to picky on whats on as long as its in english. This afternoon we actually watched Dawsons Creek, which shows we will watch nearly anything.

Team Photo after our first full squad workout

No comments:

Post a Comment