Friday 22 April 2011

Australian Sports

While living in America for 6 months is pretty awesome, there's still one thing missing that would make living here absolutely perfect, that is being able to watch all the Australian sports back home. I am a big Brisbane Broncos fan, have been ever since I was 9, and I find myself waking up a little earlier on weekends, just to log on to NRL.com and watch the live play by plays, and also listen to the games live online.

Just today I woke up at 6:30am to listen to the Broncos vs Tigers game online, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that my Broncos were winning 25-6 at half time. But as I started listening to the game, things began to get more intense, as the Tigers scored 2 tries in the space of 10 minutes. It took every ounce of energy within me to not want to yell at my computer as my room mate Jacob was still asleep. Jacob woke up not too long after, and I sat in my bed all tensed up for the next 20 minutes until Darren Lockyer scored for the Broncos, when he scored I started clapping and fist pumping, Jacob asked me what was going on, and I just told him "Lockyer scored". Corey Parker converted to put the Broncos up 31-18, after that I relaxed and started to get ready for my day.

Last week when the Broncos played the Roosters, I skype called my mum, and she faced her computer towards the television at home. I was able to watch the last 5 minutes of the game, which was really fun, made me feel like I was in my lounge room for a little while.

Next week the Broncos play the Bulldogs, who is Jacob's favourite team, and I have no doubt he will be waking up early with me to listen to the game. Might be a few tense moments in the room that morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment