Monday 20 June 2011

Starting Opening Night

I was told last week that I may be starting opening night this season, but wasn't officially told until today's practise. To be given the job on opening night as the starting pitcher is an honour and I'm humbled that I was chosen to throw the first pitch of the season for the Elizabethton Twins. Like I said in my last post the Elizabethton Twins have been very successful in past years and I will hopefully start us on the right foot in 2011 and deliver a quality outing.

When the game starts it will be 7:05pm on the 21st of June in Tennessee, but back home it will be the morning of the 22nd of June, which was the date I signed with the Minnesota Twins last year, so this will be my one year anniversary of being part of the Minnesota Twins and starting opening night seems like a fun way to celebrate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment